Saturday 24 May 2014

Evaluating Pills N Potions by Nicki Minaj



Nicki Minaj has dropped her lead single 'Pills N Potions' from her new album 'The Pink Print' and I am here to do a review about her song today.

I think it is gonna be a sleeper hit because:
1. It is not her style to create songs that are ballads.
2. Her raps are not as catchy
3. It sounds generic.

However, I am sure it would make an impact on the Hot 100, possibly on the Top 30 because:
1. She has a HUGE fanbase.
2. She is exploring her hip-hop and rapping roots, which will attract more people to listen to this song.
3. She is actually SINGING instead of rapping all the time.

Overall, I think that although her singing could do with some improvement, this song is kinda growing on me. This may be one of her personal tracks to date and I am cool with that :)

Song's Lyrics:   B+
Artist's Vocals: A-
Overall grade :  B+

View the official audio here:

No comments:

Post a Comment